Board of Directors - Job Description
The Board of Directors is legally responsible for the appropriate functioning of our organization.
- Sets policy and monitors adherence to meet the mission of WCPG and the changing needs of our State.
- Monitors programs and services to insure they further the mission of the Council and that WCPG goals are achieved.
- Insures adequate funding and budgetary controls.
- Appoints, annually evaluates and, if necessary, terminates Executive Director.
- Provides for organizational continuity.
- Complete the term for which the Director is elected.
- Attend board meetings regularly and prudently review material.
- Participate in at least one committee.
- Contribute financially to the organization. (Board Members are asked to pay a minimum of $25.00 membership dues per year. The full individual membership of $75.00 per year is preferred.)
- Participate in the fund raising activities of WCPG.
- Become knowledgeable about the purpose and operation of WCPG and act as an informed advocate within our State.
Additional Opportunities for Involvement
- Attend WCPG educational programs, conferences, and seminars.
- Serve as consultant or presenter in area of expertise.
- Offer articles for newsletter inclusion.
- Donate in-kind services and materials for WCPG, e.g: printing, word-processing, hosting of meetings with place and refreshments, office equipment, supplies; volunteer for Helpline shift.
- Keep abreast of National, State, and local trends in gambling. Share that knowledge with the Board.
- Meetings are held bi-monthly.
- Committee meetings arranged by chairperson.
- Familiarity with, and concern for, effective management of non-profit organization.
- Willingness to commit time, energy, personal knowledge and enthusiasm to support the mission of WCPG.