The Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling, Inc. (WCPG) is a non-profit organization founded in 1993. In January 1994, we became the Wisconsin Affiliate of the National Council on Problem Gambling, Inc. Our mission is to increase public awareness and understanding of compulsive gambling and to promote assistance for individuals and family members adversely affected by gambling problems in Wisconsin. An integral part of our services is operating an 800 Helpline where gamblers and family members are able to obtain referrals for treatment from properly trained and credentialed professionals.
We have compiled a statewide directory of treatment providers who are able to accept referrals for the treatment of pathological gambling. Following is the information necessary to be included in the Referral Directory.
Criteria for inclusion in WCPG Resource and Referral Directory is:
- Only licensed or accredited facilities and/or programs be included.
- Only those individual practitioners who maintain a current license or state-issued certificate to practice in Wisconsin.
- Practitioners will have completed Phase 1 & 2, a minimum of 30 hours, and must be in the process of completing Phase 3 & 4, 60 hours of gambling specific training as required for ICGC certification.
- All programs and practitioners submit requested information to WCPG along with copies of all supporting documentation, e.g., copies of their licenses and completed gambling courses.
- All information is reviewed on an annual basis.
For a complete certification packet, please go to: www.ncpgambling.org
National Council on Problem Gambling
730 11th Street N.W., Suite 601
Washington, DC 20001
If you and your agency are interested in being included in the Wisconsin directory of gambling treatment providers, please return the completed application(s) to:
Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling, Inc.
Attn: Helpline Provider Application
1585 Allouez Ave
Green Bay, WI 54311
Treatment Provider Application