The Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling (WCPG) is an IRS-designated 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to provide resources, public awareness and education on problem gambling and pathological gambling disorders while maintaining strict neutrality on the issue of legalized gambling. The WCPG depends on grants and donations to provide these vital services. Donations to WCPG are tax-deductible.
This policy, adopted by the volunteer WCPG Board of Directors, outlines the giving guidelines of the WCPG.
1. Memberships / contributions given to WCPG will be used for operating expenses unless otherwise designated by the donor.
2. All contributors become non-voting members of the WCPG. Membership entitles them to:
3. Additional benefits are provided to contributors of $500 and over, as outlined below. Donors receive all benefits from lower giving levels, plus additional services as listed. The benefits do not impact the tax-deductibility of the donation. Executive Director and the donor will negotiate how training hours will be allocated.
$500 – $999 Donors Also Receive
$1,000 to $4,999 Donations
$5,000 to $14,999 Donations
$15,000 to $24,999 Donations
$25,000 and Over
4. Any in-kind contributions will be dollar-valued and appraised at current value. A receipt will be issued upon request. The WCPG reserves the right to accept or reject any contribution. Appraisal of any in-kind contributions will be subject to the review of the WCPG Board Treasurer and final approval of the Executive Director.
5. All contributors will be consulted as to their wishes about publication coverage of their donations. All requests for anonymity will be strictly honored.
ALL CONTRIBUTORS WILL BE GIVEN MEMBERSHIP AT THE FOLLOWING LEVELS:
Friend: $1-$99 Benefactor: $5,000 to $14,999
Bronze: $100 – $499 Champion $15,000 to $24,999
Silver: $500 – $999 All-Star $25,000 and over
Gold: $1,000 – $4,999