The Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling (WCPG) is an IRS-designated 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to provide resources, public awareness and education on gambling disorders while maintaining strict neutrality on the issue of legalized gambling. The WCPG depends on grants and donations to provide these vital services. Membership/Donations to WCPG are tax-deductible.
This policy, adopted by the volunteer WCPG Board of Directors, outlines the giving guidelines of the WCPG.
1. Memberships/donations given to the WCPG will be used for operating expenses unless otherwise designated by the member/donor.
2. All members will become non-voting members of the WCPG. Membership entitles them to:
3. Additional benefits are provided to members of $500 and over, as outlined below. Members receive all benefits from lower giving levels, plus additional services as listed. The benefits do not impact the tax-deductibility of the membership.
All-Star Membership $25,000 and Over
Champion Membership $15,000 to $24,999
Benefactor Membership $5,000 to $14,999
Gold Membership $1,000 to $4,999
Silver Membership $500 – $999
Bronze Membership $75-$499
Friends Membership $1-$199
4. Any in-kind contributions will be dollar-valued and appraised at current value. A receipt will be issued upon request. The WCPG reserves the right to accept or reject any contribution. Appraisal of any in-kind contributions will be subject to the review of the WCPG Board Treasurer and final approval of the Executive Director.
5. All members will be consulted as to their wishes about publication coverage of their membership. All requests for anonymity will be strictly honored.