These programs are designed for those counselors who are or plan to be working with problem gamblers and their families in a variety of clinical settings. We welcome participants from the criminal justice field, the employee assistance field, the faith and pastoral care traditions, educators, the gaming industry, the recovering community and others to our programs. Though the information is designed for counselors to incorporate into their clinical practice we hope all of our participants, no matter who they may be, will learn about the effects of problem gambling on the individual, family and community and use the information to help those who fall into their own professional scope of practice. Completion of 30 hours of gambling-specific training education may allow participants to become eligible as a referral source for the Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling’s 1-800-GAMBLE-5 Helpline.
- Multicultural issues and problem gambling (Hispanics, African Americans, and Asians)
- Women and problem gambling
- Special Populations: Adolescents
- Special Populations: Older Adults
- Special Populations: Women
*Must provide proof of Phase 1 and Phase 2 completion.
- Problem gambling and relapse
- Professional code
- National certification and standards/National Certification Exam
*Must provide proof of Phase 1-3 completion.