If you answer "yes" to at least seven of the following
questions, you may want to seek consultation about a gambling
1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due
2. Has gambling ever made your home life
3. Did gambling affect your reputation?
4. Have you ever felt remorse after
5. Did you ever gamble to get money with which to
pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
6. Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition
7. After losing did you feel you must return as
soon as possible and win back your losses?
8. After a win did you have a strong urge to
return and win more?
9. Did you often gamble until your last dollar
10. Did you ever borrow to finance your
11. Have you ever sold anything to finance
12. Were you reluctant to use "gambling money"
for normal expenditures?
13. Did gambling make you careless of the welfare
of yourself or your family?
14. Did you ever gamble longer than you had
15. Have you ever gambled to escape worry,
trouble, boredom, or loneliness?
16. Have you ever committed or considered
committing an illegal act to finance your gambling?
17. Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in
18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations
create within you an urge to gamble?
19. Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any
good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
20. Have you ever considered self destruction or
suicide as a result of your gambling?
Reprinted with Permission from Gamblers Anonymous
© Copyright Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling
WCPG For Teens
The Wisconsin Council on Problem Gambling provides resources,
public awareness, and education on gambling disorders while
maintaining strict neutrality on the issue of legalized